Monday, June 20, 2016




Distiller: Hikari Loftus
4.5/5 Stars




A Gathering of Shadows (Book 2)
by V.E. Schwab
512 pages
Published by Tor Books (February 23rd 2016)

A Darker Shade of Magie (Book 1) Review


Oh.
Em.
Gee.

People.

I just finished the last page of AGOS and... I can't.
AGOS was epic. (since it's hard for me to review sequels without spoilers, this is a spoiler free reaction only.)

After I finished ADSOM I determined that I did not like Lila, but I definitely admire her. The resilience, the craftiness, the pure solid trueness to her character. I loved what her character did for the plot. Same goes for AGOS. Lila is amazing and steady. I can count on her to surprise me in a way that doesn't surprise me after all. But ugh, I don't like her. Ha.

Aside from the direction this epic story took, the questions I had after closing ADSOM still remain after closing AGOS. That means that the final book in this trilogy is going to be HUGE. (Well, it better be huge!) The evolution of Kell's character, and character trajectory that Lilia is on now we're awesome.

The only thing that knocked this down half a point for me is that some things about Lila and some things about Kell and Lila's interactions didn't feel quite as smooth to the way the story was going.

Overall, I would say this ending was epic. Like that feeling you get when everything huge is happening all at once, when the odds hang in the balance and your heart is racing and you're holding your breathe.

I think ADSOM was Kell's story mixed with Lila's AGOS was Lila's story mixed with Kell's. And the final book will definitely be both their stories entwined.

I enjoyed ADSOM, but I would say that AGOS took the series to another level.

If the third book pulls it off, I will officially be obsessed.



0 comments:

Post a Comment