Friday, May 6, 2016




Distiller: Hikari Loftus
4.5/5 Stars


The Unexpected Everything
by Morgan Matson
528 pages
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (May 3, 2016)



I've partnered with Simon and Schuster for the month of May on Instagram! Each week there will be a new Unexpected Everything photo challenge with new prizes every week. Check the Folded Pages Distillery Instagram for weekly details!




I thought as a tribute to Toby I would give the synopsis of this book via emojis: (beware, may contain spoilers. haha)

πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘©πŸ½πŸ‘©πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΌ
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ˜˜πŸ‘¦πŸΌπŸ™…πŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜‘✉️❌
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸΆπŸ‘¦πŸ»πŸ™‹πŸ»
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸΆπŸ©πŸΊπŸ•πŸΆ
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘¦πŸ»πŸ“•πŸ“—πŸ†’
πŸ‘¦πŸ»πŸ“❌πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ’žπŸ‘¦πŸ»
πŸ‘©πŸ»❤️❤️❤️πŸ‘¦❌😭😭
πŸ‘©πŸ½πŸŽΈπŸ‘¦πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜³πŸ˜±πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ‘©πŸ½❌πŸ™…πŸ»
πŸ‘©πŸΌ❌πŸ‘¦πŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘©πŸ½πŸ‘©πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸšŒπŸšŒ
πŸ‘¦πŸ»πŸ“˜✍πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ˜πŸ˜₯πŸ™πŸΌ
πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘¨πŸ»πŸŽπŸ‘ΌπŸΌπŸ‘ͺ🏑

Morgan Matson does it again!  I loved “Since You’ve Been Gone”, and “The Unexpected Everything” lived up to all my expectations.

I have a midnight rule for reading. In order to be a functioning adult each day, I force myself to stop any book I am reading at midnight so I can sleep. It’s usually not too much of a struggle, but every now and again it is absolutely impossible to put a book down.

I didn’t even realize it was 2 a.m. when I finally decided I was too tired to continue reading. I was so into what was going on that I totally lost track of time.

Is this book cliche and somewhat predictable? Yes.
Is this book so good/cute? Yes.

My friend and I always say that a cliche done well is always satisfying, and this one was so satisfying!

I loved following Andie and her group of friends through their summer. I loved watching Andie's character arc through the course of this story. The Unexpected Everything surprisingly brought me through a pretty wide range of emotions with a lot of things going on. I wasn't sure how Matson was going to tie everything up, but she caught up all the loose ends by the end and finished with a great ending. 

Morgan Matson truly has a talent for capturing friendships, fun, adventure, and SUMMER into her writing. This catered to my book nerd heart, brought back tons of summer nights/summer loves from high school, and had satisfying character arcs.

Did I kind of drag through the teen drama bits? Yes. ha. (that's cause I'm old now) But all the resolutions got me over it pretty fast.

Super cute, easy, FUN, feel-good, page-turning read! I suspect next time I am in a reading slump I’ll be picking this one up.

1 comments:

  1. I read SYBG this month and I think it was okay.. But I think this one might be the perfect read for Summer! It just sounds really fun and friendship is definitely an important theme in Matson's books. I also have rule not to read ANYTHING before going to bed because you know, it's really hard to stop! XD Wonderful review!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete