Tuesday, September 22, 2015


Happy Happy Birthday to Bilbo and Frodo Baggins today! Two of the finest adventurers and burglars I have ever known. 


Did you guys know that this week is Tolkien Week and today is Hobbit Day?

Tolkien Week was explained to me as the calendar week containing Hobbit Day! (Hobbit Day(s) = September 21, the day The Hobbit was published in 1937, followed by September 22, which is both Bilbo and Frodo’s birthday. 

So this year,  from the 20th until the 26th of September, people around the world celebrate and honor J.R.R. Tolkien and his son’s work AND to celebrate the Middle-Earth cycle. 

Did you know about this week? Are you celebrating?

Naturally, I’ll have my wizard friends set off some dragon fireworks tonight and be eating six meals today as a birthday celebration. (Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea,Dinner/Supper.) 

I love a good reason to feast. 

Isn’t it amazing how a story can change the world and affect and bring generations and generations of people together?

Has anyone read all of Tolkien’s books? I think there are some 12 books?

0 comments:

Post a Comment