Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 was an incredible year for releases and reading! Between my move and traveling, I only read 88 books from my goal of 100, but I'm okay with that. Here are my favorite reads from 2016.


Hikari's TOP 10 2016 Reads
(these are picked from books I read that were published in 2016)

In order of publication date:

Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye
.
A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
.
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
.
The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
.
Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave
.
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
.
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
.
The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
.
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare
.
Heartless by Marissa Meyer


These were all books that I found myself recommending to everyone, were amazing reading experiences for me, and completely unforgettable. 


Other top favorites from 2016 are:

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia 
The Last Boy and Girl in the World by Siobhan Vivian 
Thanks for the Trouble by Tommy Wallach 
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare


Favorites that I read this year that were not published in 2016 are:

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah 
Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman

This was a great reading year for me! I didn't even get to so many books I still wanted to read either. This coming year I resolve to read more diversely, in every sense of the word and to put down a book as soon as I realize it isn't for me instead of pushing on!

Looking forward to another great reading year in 2017!







0 comments:

Post a Comment