Thursday, December 31, 2015





Distiller: Hikari Loftus
Star Rating: 4/5 Stars



Burying Water
by KA Tucker
Atria Books (October 7, 2014)
369 pages





Beaten within an inch of her life, and left for dead in the middle of nowhere, a young woman miraculously survives. But when she wakes up, she can’t remember anything that happened to her. Ever. She can’t even remember her own name.

With the help of the people that found her, “Jane Doe” gives herself a new name, and slowly begins to build a new life, hoping that some memory of her past will resurface. But even she will admit, based on the condition she was found in, she isn’t sure she wants to remember. 

When the neighbor’s son, Jesse Welles, moves back home. No matter how indifferent he seems, or how much everyone warns her away from him, there is something about him that draws her in. She doesn’t realize that getting close to Jesse might be more dangerous than the rumors and gossip about his past are. 

Told in alternating chapters between Jesse and the newly named Water Fitzgerald, and alternating between the past and present, this story had me contemplating: what makes me, me? If I were to wake up tomorrow with no memories of my life, would I like the same things? Would I be drawn to the same people? Would I make the same choices? What is it about my life now that fuels my decisions? (VERY interesting to think about.) .

This one definitely has some darker themes surrounding abuse, that were really terrifying. I kept considering the situation and things that stemmed from those events and wondered, when is it okay to do something normally considered to be wrong? Is wrong always wrong? 

I’m not sure if this one was meant to be so deeply thought provoking, but for me it definitely was. Tucker is an excellent writer, and even though a story like this is outside of my norm, and even a little bit of my comfort zone, I couldn’t put it down until I knew how it ended. 

This was engaging, page turning, heart breaking, nerve wracking, romantic, and thought-provoking. Very much looking forward to the rest of the books in this series to see how these stand alone stories intertwine. Tucker grabs you from the first page, and I found it impossible to stop until I knew how everything in this story ended.

Although Tucker's story lines are a bit out of my comfort zone in terms of themes, she's an excellent writer and story crafter. I can't help but be totally caught up in the mysteries and thriller scenes she writes. After reading a few of her books, I know that I can expect excellent writing and edgy, sexy themes from her every time. 

(For those of you who usually ask: I don’t recommend this one for my younger followers. This fits squarely in the adult genre with two or three sex scenes.)

1 comments:

  1. Bạn có thể sở hữu những chiếc chuông gió Nhật bằng cách mua hàng trên Amazon nhật. Amazon Nhật thuộc hệ thống mua sắm Amazon với những sản phẩm chất lượng uy tín. Ngoài những chiếc chuông gió, bạn còn có thể tìm thấy bất cứ những sản phẩm của người Nhật tại đây.
    Đồng hồ Bulova là một trong những thương hiệu lâu đời trong làng đồng hồ thế giới với sự nổi tiếng khắp toàn cầu. Những người am hiểu về đồng hồ đều biết đến cái tên này nhưng đa phần người tiêu dùng vẫn chưa biết đồng hồ caravelle by bulova của nước nào
    Cây măng tay có tên khoa học là Asparagus officinalis với phần mần nằm trong đát có hàm lượng dinh dưỡng cao gồm canxi 21mg%; xenluloza 2,3% tro 0,6%; protit 2,2% và gluxit 1,2%. Tại Việt Nam giống măng tay trắng đang được trồng phổ biến. vậy công dụng của cây măng tây là gì?
    Rất nhiều bà mẹ trẻ có ý định làm món tào phớ ngon bổ mát cho bé bằng đường nho nhưng lại không biết mua ở đâu vây đường nho có bán ở siêu thị không rất nhiều bà mẹ quan tâm về điều này.
    Muối biển không chỉ được dùng trong nấu ăn mà còn được chị em phụ nữ dung làm nguyên liệu để tẩy tế bào chết giúp cho làn da trở nên mềm mại. Sử dụng muối biển để làm đẹp đã có từ rất lâu rồi nhưng đến nay vẫn còn được sử dụng phổ biển. vậy muối biển có bán ở siêu thị không
    Ngoài ra, để đảm bảo chất lượng của sản phẩm bạn có thể mua những chiếc đồng hồ Titan tại Amazon.com, cũng như mua hàng trên amazon đức.

    ReplyDelete