Friday, January 1, 2016


What a wonderful year 2015 has been for books. It's always hard to choose "best of" when there were so many great books to choose from.




From Doni

By far and away, the best book I've read of 2015 was Fish in a Tree.  I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Ally has dyslexia. But this is a book for anyone who feels like a misfit. It captures so perfectly the pain of not fitting in with kids at school as well as the complete awesomeness when people stand up for others.
Read the whole review here: http://foldedpagesdistillery.blogspot.com/2015/08/fish-in-tree-review.html







From Hikari:

There are a lot of things I could call this reading year for myself personally, but I'm sticking with "2015: The Year of Percy Jackson". I read and became obsessed with Percy this year and he entered and secured his place in my top three fandoms. (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Percy Jackson)

As it stands, I read 125 books this year and need new glasses because of it. Even still there were so many books I didn't get to read! Thanks to everyone for recommending awesome books to me this year!


So here is my Top 10 for books released in 2015 (my copy of Their Fractured Light arrived yesterday, so even though I haven't read it, I kind of think it would have made my list.)

Hikari's Top 10 2015 Releases in no particular order: .
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
The Sound of Life and Everything by Krista Van Dolzer
Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
End of Days by Susan Ee
November 9 by Colleen Hoover
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Mosquitoland by David Arnold
The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon .
Breath to Breath by Craig Lew
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Honorable mentions: .
The Rose Society by Marie Lue
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Winter by Marissa Meyer
The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion


Favorites I read this year are: Percy Jackson, The Thirteenth Tale, Food Whore, Uprooted, The Grisha Trilogy, China Rich Girlfriend, Attachments, Fangirl, A Court of Thorns and Roses, The Infernal Devices, Ender's Game, These is My Words, The Star Bound trilogy, Legend trilogy.

Looking forward to a fun 2016 full of many anticipated books!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


0 comments:

Post a Comment