Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hello everyone, I'm Brittney!

I'm super excited to join Hikari, A.R. and Doni as part of the Folded Pages Distillery team. Hikari and I have been friends for nearly a decade and I’ve been following her blogging adventure from the beginning. I’m thrilled to step out of the shadows and to get to play a role in contributing to it! I’ll be controlling the Twitter feed so keep a look out for me :)

A little bit about me:

I grew up in suburbs of Utah (I even went to elementary school with Hikari’s husband). I married my best friend, who I had a mad crush on starting in 7th grade… it only took him six years to ask me out on a date, but love is love and after that first date we knew nothing would be the same.

Enjoying the great outdoors
I studied Digital Media in collage and had the great opportunity of working as a Web Analyst for Intermountain Healthcare (a hospital system in Utah) for a number of years. We uprooted and moved to Boston in 2012 when my husband was accepted to MIT for graduate school.

We now have two adorable little boys and I love spending the daylight hours as a stay at home mom with them and my evening hours reading all the YA books I can get my hands on and attempting to write my own version of a YA fairy tale.

Other great loves in my life include: dark chocolate, pretending to be a photographer, forcing my husband to experience the outdoors (so far he still hates them), zumba (because how can you not love dancercising?), books (way too many of mine are locked out of state in storage), and reminding my toddler not to squish his baby brother… ha… ha… ugh! I really hope they both survive, at least to adolescence.

I have loved reading for as long as I can remember, and I can't wait to have a new outlet to share that passion. I love YA books, especially urban epics, fantasies, and fairy tales. A few of my all time favorite authors are Shannon Hale, L. J. Smith, Bruce Coville, Clare B. Dunkle, Philip Pullman, and Brandon Sanderson.

(Hikari don't hate me, but I'm not much of a tea drinker...) I'm sure I'll still find something awesome and immersive to pair by books with.   With that said I can’t wait to get to know you readers better and I’m thrilled to be a part of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment