Wednesday, August 3, 2016




Distiller: Hikari Loftus
3/5 Stars




It's All Your Fault
by Paul Rudnick
304 pages
Scholastic Press (January 26, 2016)




I have had this on my shelf since January and kept pushing it back. But this week I needed a break from everything I was reading for something funny and easy, which is what everyone seems to be saying about this one.

We follow Heller Hannigan, a movie star who is basically Miley Cyrus meets Hunger Games, and Caitlin Singleberry, who is basically Partridge Family in a convent. The story follows these two cousins on a weekend that lands them both in jail and readers get to find out what got them there.

I thought this was a super fun read, but I am just going to say this straight up–you cant go into this book seriously. If you do you'll get offended and super annoyed. (Because there are some comments made in this book that I think are pretty offensive or totally ignorant, but they fit the character that the author was trying to portray.)

I kind of viewed this like reading an SNL skit. It's sarcastic, religious satire, and basically air headed. That being said, I actually couldn't put the book down for the first 160 pages and was up late promising myself only one more chapter…before reading another.

There were a few times where I literally laughed out loud, but there were parts when the bubbly-ness was WAY too much for me. I think the end was trying to pull together some kind of meaningful message that was lost on me because I had already categorized this book as mindless entertainment. (categorizing it that way let me forgive a lot of the plot points that didn’t add up or wouldn’t fly with me normally.)

So don't go into this one trying to take it seriously. It's a quick, fun read for anyone who needs something humorous.

I have absolutely zero regrets reading it. I needed something like this and it was fun. If you’re in the mood for a fast, funny, mindless read, I thought this was perfect for that.

1 comments:

  1. Ooh I've been eyeing this one for a while too, because it seems like a reality-show-fun type of books :D I'm happy to hear that it doesn't dissapoint in the fun department. Thanks for reviewing this!<3

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete