Tuesday, August 22, 2017




Distiller: Hikari Loftus
3.5/5 Stars



Final Girls
by Riley Sager
352 pages
Dutton (July 11, 2017



My feelings on this book were all over the place. Most of the time I was just freaked out because reading this book was like reading my worst nightmare. Basically everyone is getting slashed with a knife and I’m laying in bed at night horrified and swearing off thrillers after I read just one more chapter…

I’m actually not going to say too much about this read because thrillers and mysteries are only fun (or ruining my life) if they aren’t spoiled. It’s the guessing game, theories, and sudden realizations, that make it THRILLing. Every time I thought I had this book figured out, I realized I didn’t. I kept being like “yeeeep, that’s a red herring for SURE” or “Omg, this theory of mine is adding up perfectly. I’m a genius.” and then I’d find myself in a sea of doubt all over again.

This book was mildly uneventful for much of the first half. (Just getting all the info you need) But the second half is crazy. The reason I’m unsure whether I’m giving it a 3.5 or a 4 is because I wasn’t feeling the ending and how everything was revealed. Part of me was like OMG OMG!! And another part of me was rolling my eyes like, “Really? This?” And another part of me was double checking to make sure my door was locked for the night. 

I usually try to do a themed picture for book review posts, but I am still mildly horrified over all the blood and knives and body count, that I couldn’t recreate a scene like that. No blood in my pictures, people. Ever ever. So this photo is more or less inspired by the colors on the cover.

I rarely read thrillers (so for me to have read three in a row lately is super out of character) so I’m not sure I’m the best one to say where this rates on the thriller scale. But I did notice that after reading a few in succession, this is the one I felt was the best in terms of complexity, drawing reaction from me, and surprising me! I’d say if you’re into slasher flicks and you like the guessing game, this one is good for those.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent read that keeps you turning the pages. Nothing is totally clear until the end. Ending might be a little far fetched, but all eventually comes together.

    Zia
    Heard about Mesothelioma Lawyers Lake Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top 15 Best Folding Beds in 2018 – Complete Chart. Coleman 2000020271 ComfortSmart Cot. iBed in a Box Seven Best Folding Beds For Your House

    ReplyDelete